I LOVE makeup and I always have. Since I have gotten older, over 50, LOTS of changes started happening to my skin. My old makeup no longer looks or feels the same. I have been on the hunt for great makeup products for mature skin over the last couple of years. And I have tested lots of different products and found several that work well.
Today, I wanted to share all of the great products that I have found for mature skin.
It always makes me feel fabulous when I received a compliment like, “Your makeup looks beautiful.” Because truly… it’s an entire different ballgame when you are working with mature skin. I personally had very oily skin as a teenager and all the way into my 40s. I remember sitting at my desk having to use those blotting papers because of the oil on my face. However…… Now that I am well into my 50s nearing the 60s mark, there is a “DRY” factor. Certain makeup products that were my tried or true essentials looked terrible on my skin. My favorite of all-time foundation that I wore for years sunk into my creases and caused me to look 20 years older.
What I have realized since getting older is that we need to focus on using more products in the cream form… cream blush, cream bronzer, creamier lipstick, etc. I even stopped using setting powder and switched to setting spray.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter Primer & Highlighter – I use a little of this under my foundation for a little glow. It’s not really bright like a highlighter… it simply brightens up dull skin.
2. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Based Priming Moisturizer – THIS IS GOOD STUFF! I finish my skincare routine and add this right before makeup. It helps your makeup look smoother and not fall into the cracks and crevices. It is a great product for mature skin, for sure.
3. NARS Instant Line Pore Perfector – I grabbed this a few weeks back and it is so handy. I use it around my crows feet area to help my makeup look smoother.
4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Protector – If you aren’t a fan of full face foundation or want a lighter makeup day, this is a great tinted moisturizer. It doesn’t feel heavy at all.
5. LancomeTeint Idole Ultra Liquid 24H Longwear Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Liquid Foundation – I never thought I could ever found another foundation like my old standby. But this foundation is excellent. I don’t like to feel like I have a layer of makeup on my face and this one doesn’t. It is buildable, too.
6. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Concealer – My previous concealer that I once loved settled into my creases under my eyes TERRIBLY. It was like a spotlight was shining on my wrinkles. This one doesn’t do that. I highly recommend this one as a concealer for mature skin.
7. Nars Laguna Bronzing Cream – Again… creams are an excellent way to make mature skin look and feel better. I have been using this bronzing cream under my favorite powder blush and it has been working really well. It also works as a natural looking blush.
8. MAC Extra Dimension Blush – This is a blush with the smoothness of a cream, blendability of a liquid, and finish of a powder
9. Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Cream – The two-in-one compact holds the key to easy, monochromatic makeup… I don’t have this but want to grab it the next time I place an order.
10. It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara – I always I am a mascara connoisseur because I have tried so many. This is one of my favorites and in my top three. It is perfect for everyone but I had to include it.
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Satin Velvet Lipstick – I have been focusing a bit more on natural makeup looks. This lipstick in the color, Butterscotch, is SO PRETTY.
12. L’Absolu Rouge Moisturizing Cream Lipstick – This is a highly moisturizing lipstick that offers up to 18 hours of comfort… Because it has 30% moisturizing rose balm and blended with hyaluronic acid. I have this in the color Mademoiselle Amanda and it’s a really pretty pinky nude.
13. Urban Decayer All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray – I have noticed a huge difference when I wear this spray vs not. My makeup not only stays put through hot flashes, but it looks smoother, as well.
14. PMC Personal Microderm Clean Facial Cleansing Device – I included this product in this post because I have it and love it. It is perfect for pretty much everyone.
I buy a lot of my makeup products from Nordstrom, because they have FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS. If I am not 100% satisfied, I can return it, no questions asked. I also love their Nordy Club because I earn points and save so much. Nordstrom allows card members to shop their sales early and earn points when you spend. It really does pay off if you shop Nordstrom regularly. Check it out!